Hussey Gay Bell has an opening for a Field Project Representative to join our Construction Department in our Columbia, SC office. The ideal candidate must be able to inspect various ongoing construction projects for quality, accuracy per contract documents and approved standards.
- Performs routine construction observation services for water and sewer piping, pump stations, water/wastewater treatment plants, grading streets & sites, paving, storm drainage, HDD and concrete projects for the firm’s industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal type projects.
- Serves as a liaison between client/owner and contractor.
- Assists Project Managers in effectively administering construction contracts.
- Seeks appropriate guidance in resolving various project related issues during all aspects of construction.
- Prepares project related correspondence as appropriate.
- Manages time effectively in order to meet project deadlines and client needs.
- Attends and participates at meetings on behalf of the company with clients, contractors or resource agencies as appropriate.
- Arranges and conducts job progress meetings, takes minutes and keeps organized records.
- Maintains daily reports, as-builds/records and is completely familiar with plans and specifications for each project assigned.
- Performs various types of field testing as required by supervisor for design or construction purposes.
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field and/or training and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
Ability to interpret design/construction documents, drawings, schedules, building codes, and construction means and methods.
Minimum five year experience working in the construction industry.