Hussey Gay Bell is seeking a Marketing Coordinator for its Savannah office who will be directly responsible for hands on production of proposals and presentation materials. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated and collaborative person with 3+ years of experience, preferably in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry and a degree in marketing, liberal arts, journalism, communications or related field. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite is critical. The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing for the firm and work closely with technical staff throughout the firm’s six regional office locations.
Works closely with Director of Marketing and technical staff to determine strategies on proposals and presentations; be hands-on in planning and development of strategic customized responses to RFQ/Ps and in the interview preparation.
- Responsible for final proposal product: completion, printing, binding, and delivery coordination/confirmation.
- Conducts RFP/bid board searches.
- Develops/maintains various written marketing collateral including project sheets, resumes, award submittals, market sector brochures, and other collateral as required.
- Assists with other tasks as necessary to include public relations efforts including advertisements, direct mail campaigns/announcements, internal/external communication pieces, project award submissions and special events.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of digital platforms i.e. website and social media i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook as required.
- Performs support and/or administrative tasks, as required and delegated.
- Participates in professional and community organizations to promote firm visibility and recognition.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, liberal arts, journalism, communications or related field with 3+ years of related experience. Experience within the A/E/C industry and a proven track record in managing proposal efforts a major plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite required. Familiarity with Illustrator a plus.
- Strong writing, proofing, editing skills, attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines are musts.
- Previous experience in preparing proposals/qualification statements preferred.
- Ability to trouble shoot and adjust accordingly, sometimes with limited supervision, to meet deadlines – demonstrated leadership and judgment skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with proposal team members, principals and external teaming partners.
- Ability to assist with development of internal processes to streamline production efficiencies a plus.
- Ability to balance workload, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated will to win and positive attitude.
Why Hussey Gay Bell?
Hussey Gay Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug-Free Workplace and E-Verify participant with offices in Savannah, Statesboro, and Atlanta, Georgia; Charleston and Columbia, South Carolina; and Nashville, Tennessee. The firm’s emphasis of work is in the government, education, healthcare, industrial, transportation, water and commercial/residential markets.
Ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm for 16 years in a row, we offer a flexible work schedule including 1/2 day Fridays; competitive health, dental and life insurance; financial and retirement benefits including 401 (k) and competitive compensation; personal PTO time off and sick leave; professional development opportunities and community engagement.